English pastor/director position 寻找英文堂牧师
China Grace Christian Church
225 Penllyn Blue Bell Pike, Blue Bell, PA 19422
Job Position Description
Position Title: Pastor or director of English/youth ministries
Salary Classification: Full time with benefits
Basic Purpose: This position is to provide the overall direction and operation of the English/youth ministries, and support the overall ministry of the church to achieve the vision of the church.
Scope and Accountability: The pastor/director of English/youth ministries will be responsible for the overall English/youth ministries of the church, and will report to the Elder Board (or, at present, to the deacon board as there is no elder board), and be a liaison with the Pastor of church and the Deaconry. The pastor will participate in the monthly Deaconry meeting with voting power.
Principal Job Activities: Current areas of ministry may include, but are not limited to:
1. Shepherding and caring for youth ministry members: coordinating the weekly Sunday English/youth worship service, education program, including Sunday schools, and other special church-wide activities. Preaching, teaching, caring, and nurturing their spiritual well-being, and building godly relationships with them. Regular visitation required.
2. Coordinating and planning youth fellowship meetings, short-term mission trips, and youth activities.
3. Teaching the discipleship class for the newly baptized.
4. Working closely with the other pastors, elders and other church leaders to establish the short and long term vision and curriculum of English/youth ministry.
5. Participating in the monthly deaconry meeting and planning the yearly budget of the English/youth ministry.
6. Being a liaison between the youths and their parents, and if needed, be a counselor for issues involving youths.
7. Potentially expanding the ministry to include older English-speaking adults.
Qualifications: The candidate for position is to:
1. Be faithful to the Word of God and to Biblical teaching, showing a genuine Christian life.
2. Subscribe to the statement of faith of China Grace Christian Church.
3. Continue to grow in the understanding of the Word of God, with an active, on-going study and reading.
4. Have a genuine passion for the spiritual growth of youths.
5. Communicate in English effectively; knowledge of Chinese is a plus.
6. Have excellent communications skill, both written and oral.
7. Build and sustain healthy inter-personal relationships.
8. Have an active prayer life, be a prayer role model for youths.
9. Have adequate seminary education, M.A.R. degree or above is preferred, or be in pursuit of such a degree.
10. Have a passion for gospel evangelizing, to challenge unbelievers to turn to Christ, and to challenge believers to conform to Christ in knowledge and in action.
11. Have a teachable heart and a team spirit.
Send applications to Mr. Xuetong Fan at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to China Grace Christian Church, 225 Penllyn Blue Bell Pike, Blue Bell, PA 19422. Phone: 215-646-0492.